4.3.11

Acclimating

Well, after only a few days here, I am slowly but surely becoming acclimated. Yesterday, I went for a walk during our noon break and met another student along the way. He is dark and brooding, but kind. He asked me to walk again and I told him I'd think about it. This place really is so different from home. In the evening, I met a few of the feline residents. We spent time becoming familiar with one another and played for a while. Quickly I tired out, but they had just as much energy as ever. It's refreshing to be around such young spirits.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have met some of the local animals. I hear there is a cat sanctuary nearby and this is why so many are in the area. I also heard that one of our badges can be achieved from playing with these creatures, I guess it helps them feel happy and safe at the school. It's sad to think of the circumstances that brought them to the sanctuary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed our walk, Biirna, and hope we can do so again. I, three, have encountered the feline residents, they are plentiful here, to say nothing of being cute.

    ReplyDelete