9.3.11

Feeling Down

On the eve of my first week at Health and Fitness School, I feel awash with homesickness for my old life. Perhaps triggered by my attempt to take on the largest of the challenges issued by the headmaster this week: no fizzy ale for two days. Yesterday was my first attempt and when I combined the lack of ale with a vegetarian dinner featuring broccoli...I lost all my enthusiasm for this project. I know that I want to be a Hero, that I will be looked up to and will be able to help others, but it's so hard. I hate wanting these things that make me feel so badly. I have allowed my low disposition to cancel two bouts of exercise this week. I need to refocus and find my motivation. Perhaps I should rely more heavily on my team - maybe that's why we move through the school in parties in the first place. Here's hoping I persevere at the boss encounter this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever you're feeling low, call on your comrades, that's why we are here. Slow progress is best for these type of changes, don't take on too much at once or you'll feel like you're drowning. It's the tortoise who wins, not the hare. You want these changes to be lifelong, not just immediate. Every success must be celebrated no matter how small it might seem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support Jinn. I appriciate the time you take to build me up and make our party stronger.

    ReplyDelete